When you purchase a MiVeda product you are making an organic healthy choice.
MiVeda products are Certified Natural and Organic by the ACO to COSMOS certification standards.
COSMOS has stringent organic standards which require MiVeda's supply chain to be regularly inspected and audited by independent 3rd party auditors.
These inspections include our supplier farms, manufacturing and production facilities and our warehouse in Adelaide, South Australia. Thus the certification process is incredibly stringent.
To achieve our mission of helping people in the community achieve well-being and healthier lives, we provide only the highest quality products for your skin and body.
By using COSMOS organic and eco-friendly standards, we also promote our value of respecting nature and the environment. Organic farming enhances ecological harmony by:
- Promoting biodiversity, biological cycles and soil enrichment
- Utilising methods that minimise pollution from air, soil and water
- Optimising the health of soil, plant, animals and people
MiVeda products are certified natural and organic by ACO in accordance with COSMOS strict guidelines and standards, so you know exactly what you are putting on and in your body.
In compliance with COSMOS standards and our own strict philosophy, MiVeda products do not contain:
- Sulphates: Sulphates and sulphonates are surfactants or cleansing agents and used to create foam or froth and bubble. MiVeda uses natural and organic plant derived cleansing agents that are free of sulphates and are proven to be gentle on the skin.
- Parabens: Paraben is a preservative agent that is known to be controversial and not widely used. MiVeda uses only preservatives that are approved by COSMOS for use in natural and organic products.
- Synthetic fragrances and colours: MiVeda only uses natural or organic essential oils to provide fragrance to our products, and the products reflect a natural colour derived from the ingredients.
- GMO’s: Also known as genetically modified organisms. MiVeda products are always GMO-free.
- Glycols: Known as a solvent and/or preserving agent that adds emolliency and keeps the product from drying out. MiVeda uses naturally-derived botanical oils and glycerin in place of glycol based ingredients.
- Silicones: Used in skincare to smooth and blend formulas, but known to not be skin friendly. MiVeda uses naturally-derived oil based esters and botanical butters to create smooth and silky textures.
- Mineral Oil: Known as a heavy based moisturising agent derived from petroleum that is occlusive upon the skin. MiVeda does not use any petroleum based products because of the potential harmful effects on the skin and environment.
- Petrochemicals (petroleum, paraffin): Similar to Mineral Oil, they are known to not be skin friendly and potentially harmful. As an alternative MiVeda uses naturally derived plant based waxes.
- PEG’s: Known as polyethylene glycol that is used as an emulsifier and/or solvent. MiVeda uses alternatives derived from natural plant based gums and waxes.
- Animal derived ingredients: All MiVeda products are considered vegan as we do not use any animal derived ingredients.
- Plastic Microbeads: Controversial exfoliating materials used in facial or body scrubs that are potentially harmful to the environment and wildlife. MiVeda uses naturally derived exfoliating particles.
- T.E.A: Also known as Triethanolamine which is a pH adjusting agent known to be toxic. MiVeda uses naturally derived Citric or Lactic Acid as alternatives.
- D.E.A: Diethanolamine is a wetting or foaming agent used in cleansing products. MiVeda uses plant oil and sugar derived foaming agents and fatty acids as the safest alternative.
- Phthalates (DEP): Controversial chemical based solvents used to extend the scent of a synthetic fragrance. MiVeda only uses pure essential oils which add light scent and skin benefit.
- Ethoxylated Chemicals: Ingredients created by process of ethoxylation are known to cause irritation and may contain carcinogens. MiVeda does not include any ethoxylated ingredients.
- Formaldehyde derivatives: A bi-product of preserving agents and known to cause irritation and sensitivity. MiVeda does not allow formaldehyde derivatives.